MasteropleidingenAction Learning: Learn to act, act to learn
International Action Learning MBA
The work-study-travel MBA solution
A blended learning programme, combining virtual class (online) and residential conferences in the Netherlands or South Africa.
Because of this MBA our students have saved no less than 4 million euros within their organisations last year. Our MBA programmes have been ranked a 9,2 on Springest.
Characteristics International Action Learning MBA at BSN
- English programme
- Unique Action Learning methodology
- Empowered by insightful peers from various industries
- Renowned international faculty
- A maximum of 20 students in a set to ensure individual attention
- Two conference weeks in the Netherlands or South Africa
- International student body
- Personal coaching
- Parttime and online studying
What are the benefits?
- Accredited MBA diploma by NVAO, ACBSP, EduQua en ATHEA
- Learn how to track and solve real-time problems in your organisation;
- Solve problems not only within your own industry or discipline, but in other organisational disciplines too;
- Direct result (high ROI)
- Broaden and deepen your internal and external network;
- Learn how to benefit from other disciplines and industries and apply gained insights to your personal work environment
- A clear vision of the changing future of business and your role in it
- New and improved personal leadership skills
We are looking for you, if you want to
- develop from specialised professional to General Manager
- be able to add a ratio to things that are now being done ‘by feeling’
- get confirmation of what you do is correct
- build a theoretical foundation
- become a better discussion partner in the board or management team
- acquire knowledge of new concepts and insights in managing and organising
- be able to provide broader advice at a strategic level
- Increase your own distinctive character
- continue to develop yourself
Why choose us for the International Action Learning MBA?
- One of the oldest business schools in The Netherlands
- Active for more than 30 years in developing and offering DBA and MBA Programmes
- Tens of thousands of Action Learning Projects have been implemented worldwide
- A worldwide dynamic alumni network
- Experienced coaches and tutors from various industries
- The applicant:
a. holds (an equivalent of) a Bachelor’s degree or higher,
b. is a manager or management trainee,
c. has a minimum of 2 years appropriate and relevant post graduate work experience,
d. has approval from his/her organisation to do research and execute practical assignments within their work environment,
e. has internet and e-mail access and
f. should the applicant’s mother tongue not be English he/she will require a TOEFL or IELTS language test. The minimum pass mark for TOEFL is 550 (paper); 213 (computer) or 79/80 (internet based) and IELTS 6.0.
- In additional to 1a.: Mature and experienced applicants who do not hold such a degree, may also be considered. The guideline here is a minimum of 7 years demonstrable, appropriate and relevant postgraduate work experience.
- In additional to 1b: Applicants who are not in a formal management position but to whose professional development the learning programme will significantly contribute, may also be considered. This would apply to professionals who operate at post graduate level but are not necessarily (continuously) involved in management of people or a department. (For instance; policy officers, accountants, consultants etc.).
Phase 1 (2 months):
- Research Methodologies
- Shaping business minds
- Business foresight capability
- What is Action Learning?
- Change Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
Phase 2 (16 months):
7 Core Courses, 4 Action Learning Projects (ALPs), including 1 International Management ALP and 2 trips to the Netherlands. The seven core courses offered in the second Phase of the programme are:
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Financial Management
- Information Management
- Strategic Management
- International Management
Phase 3 (6 months):
- Research Methodology
- Dissertation Support
- Evaluation of Managerial Learning (EAML)
When enrolling, you are able to apply for a Major, if you meet the entry requirements. In order to qualify for the Major endorsement on the MBA degree, the following conditions apply:
- Attended the respective Masterclass, i.e. Food Security, Water Management, etc;
- Passed the assignment ‘Personal Effectiveness Paper’ related to the respective Masterclass;
- Incorporated the Major subject as the leading theme of ALP 1, 2, 3 as well as the Dissertation;
- If applicable, is active in the respective field of business.
In addition to the 9-day conferences, depending on the Major selected (Food Security, Water Management or Project Management & Control), an additional four to six days of mandatory Masterclass attendance of the selected Major will be required.
Online and two conference weeks in the Netherlands or South Africa
Next start dates
9 September 2019
10 February 2020
Application will close when the maximum number of 20 students has been reached.
- Online learning
- Set meetings, coaching
- Books and study material (articles and abstracts)
- Examination costs
- Lunches, meals and other consumptions
Word of advice from Laurie: ‘The programme is demanding, daunting and incredibly challenging… but you can do it!’.